Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Catching up after the Thanksgiving holiday.

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone had a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.  It was a busy week here, but a GREAT one.  We had Thanksgiving at my mom's house on Thursday with my family.  OMG it was AWESOME.  All the things I was so worried about just kinda blew away with the wind when I walked in the door.  Everyone was just as normal as they always are.  Ma was busy cookin and tellin peeps to get outta the kitchen.  Hollerin at me for "taste testing" things that werent ready yet (ya she hollers but i saw her stealin some noddles when she thought no one was lookin....ROFL).  Kids were runnin around, playin nintendo's and gabbin, and the fellers were kicked back watchin tv and talkin and jumpin up to help ma when she hollered.  Lunch was OMG PERFECT.  Now my peeps say that I am a good cook, and i must admit i LOVE to cook, but there are just some things that mama makes better and OMG her lunch ROCKED!!!!!!!  After that the guys went into the living room again and we helped ma clean up.  Alitttle different this time......ma always sends leftovers home with me and my sis (cause it is just her and dad and my mom came from a HUGE family.....so when she cooks she cooks for 12 people.....cause that is the way she was taught).  Wellllllll.......mom forgot to get some containers to send home with us......so me and my sis ran up to the dollar general for them while Jay and mom worked on cleanin up the other stuff.  OMG we were only gone about 15 minutes, but it was AWESOME....we had a blast.  Then peeps settled in at the kitchen table for the usual rummy game and pumpkin pies.....YUUUUUUUMMMMM  and then OMG OMG OMG DEBATE!!!!!!   I LOVE DEBATE.   LOL, now i know what you are thinkin......no this is not peeps arguing at all.   This is free-spirited debate.  Mom usually acts as the moderator....and puts in her two cents in here and there.....but usually she will let us know when it is someone elses turn to "have the floor".  Now while the topics are serious....the debate is NOT.  There is NO hard feelings and no one gets mad in the least (except for my hubby sometimes, cause it is hard for him to understand that this is actually fun to us).  OMG we havent debated in awhile and OMG it TOTALLY ROCKED!!!!!  Usually in the end it comes down to me and my sis.....lol, and this time was no different.  ROFL......see we were brought up in an independent Bible believing Baptist family.  Now me and my sister believe in ALOT of the same principles, we also differ on many of them too.  My sister has a slightly stricter view on some things than I do.  Not saying one is right or one is wrong, just different.  She sees alot of things in the Bible as black and white....VERY little if any gray. While me on the other hand....i agree there are set black and white, right and wrong, areas....BUT there are also alot of gray areas.  My belief is that in those gray areas you hafta rely on the Lord to convict you personally about what is right and wrong for you.  What may be wrong for you to do, may NOT be wrong for another person do to.  Another example of where we differ just a bit is abortion.  I am both anti-abortion AND pro-choice.  I can hear you now saying "WHAT?????  You cant be both!!!!  Ok....hear me out here.  I believe that abortion is a sin, I believe that it is killing another human being.  I believe abortion is flat out WRONG.......BUT in the Bible it says that everyone was given a free will to freely choose right or wrong.  I have no right to tell someone else what to do with their bodies.  That is between them and God.  While I can give them advice and tell them how I believe, that is as far as i can go.  I can show them in the Bible and explain my point of view......but that is it.....the choice is between them and God.  I will not hold that against a person either.  Everyone makes mistakes in life.  In God's eyes, sin is sin....there are no "degree's" of sin in His eyes (meaning the person who cusses is just as guilty of sin as a person who drives drunk and kills someone.....both are the same in God's eyes....both are sins).  I cant judge you, cause I am a sinner too.  Now I must admit, I am more disgusted and upset with the person that drives drunk and kills someone versus the person that cursed....right or wrong, I am human too.  But that disgust SHOULD be aimed at the actions NOT the person.  Hate the sin, not the sinner (yeah I can tell you THAT is easier said than done in some cases....Cause there are some people to this DAY that I cannot be around because of past things......and that is both wrong on my part and their part.....but that is a whole other thing).  Not sure why all that came out.....LOL but it is there.  Needless to say, Thanksgiving was a blast.

Early on Saturday morning, we all piled in the truck and headed down to Carbondale (about 2 hrs south of us) to help some friends (and they are more like family than friends) work on the house that they just bought and are fixing up.  The focus was fixing the roof this past weekend.  OMG I am so excited that they are moving closer to us (they were 5 hrs away....and now are only 2 depending on how fast you drive and road construction).  Me and the kids got to help pick up stuff that the guys were throwing down from the roof, and some odds and ends.  I must admit I am kinda frustrated at myself for not being able to help more.  But I got to make supper for everyone on Saturday evening.....so that made me feel a little better (not much, but a little).  The kids were EXCITED that they got to help too.  Bubba also found some snails and OMG THAT was awesome.  Some of the shells didnt have anyone living in them anymore, but a couple of them were still occupied.  We were going to bring a couple empty shells back for his science teacher in a ziploc bag.....but everyone was so tired when we left on Sunday evening that we all forgot.  We will hafta dig some more up next time we go down there....LOL.  The trip home Sunday night was.....ummmmm......interesting, but ended up ok and kinda fun.  When we got about an hour away from home, all the traffic was STOPPED on the interstate (horrible road construction right thru there.....heavy traffic with everyone tryin to get home from the holiday).  Luckily we were right by an exit when we realized this and so we got off interstate and took the 2 lane all the way back (which believe it or not we made better time than we normally do on the interstate).  When we got home we grabbed some grub, I threw the babies in for a bath, and then cuddle time before bed (everyone fell asleep on the couch within 10 minutes....LOL).

Other than that not much going on here.  Kids are gettin back in the swing of school, Jay is back to work, and I am still workin on catchin up the house (OMG not sure i am EVER gonna get caught up).  OH HEY, by the way, the school FINALLY made a decision on the bus stop.  They have added a stop right here at our house.  WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!  And Allie and Abbie (the girls that normally get on with my kids) still have their bus stop too (so they dont hafta walk down 10th street either).  This just started this week and OMG OMG O   M   G it is awesome.  I dont hafta worry about any of the kids now (both mine and the other 2).  Yeah it seems kinda trivial to be excited about something like this, but OMG you dont know how MUCH this takes off my shoulders.

Well......my load of laundry is finished in the dryer and I really need to get it folded here and have the babies help me get it put up.  Thanks for listening to me ramble and vent.  **smooooochies**

No comments:

Post a Comment