Friday, November 2, 2012

WHEW....got outta the house LOL

Hi Everyone,

It is F-R-I-D-A-Y, OH YEAH BABY!!!!!!  LOL hope everyone had a good one.  My day started off yucky but got better as the day went on a bit.  I only got about 3 1/2 hours of sleep cause Jay was kickin in his sleep again.  Poor guy, I'm wonderin what is goin on, hope it corrects itself soon.  So then I got the babies on the bus.  Always hard in the mornings as they are normal kids and just wanna crawl back under the nice warm blankies (and I cant blame them there), but fridays are special cause COME ON IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!! So after I got them off to school I got dressed and headed into town.  Normally Jay is off on Fridays, but he is on overtime today and tomorrow so it was just me.  Was going to drop in on my ma's weekly hair appointment just to gab a bit, BUT the place where she does her hair has steps, and that is the only way in the building :(  But when I get my lightweight wheelchair I hope to be able to work around those, but for the moment they are impassible for me.  So I went and paid a bill, then went to wal-mart for some odds and ends and to look around a bit.  Now while I have a love hate relationship with my chair, I must say today I hated it.  Yeah it got me where I wanted to go but OMG this thing is hard to maneuver   I REALLY hope everything they say about the lightweight ones (the one that is custom fitted to my body) is true (they say they are easier to maneuver and alot more responsive to what you are wanting them to do).  I got wore out just in wal-mart.  But I havent been outta the house in 2 weeks here so I wasnt gonna just stop there.....LOL.  Stopped by the center for independent living and got what little (and it was VERY little) information they had about loans or grants to make the house wheelchair friendly.  Went to the mall (keep in mind a small town mall not a big city mall) and looked around a bit.  It is a PAIN to get jay to take me there, so I thought while I was out I would visit hallmark, bath and body works, jcpennys, see what is playin in the theaters so I know what to look for on DVD soon (our theater isn't closed captioned so I cant go and understand ANYTHING).  Got to talk a bit to the older gentlemen sittin around the candy store drinkin coffee.  Then I went to the USDA office to see about their loan/grant program that the center for independent living told me to look into (what a joke).  OK.......they only give grants IF you are 62 or over (not anywheres close).  They have a loan program BUT couple of things here.  FIRST you have to have EXCELLENT credit (and with all the medical things right now we dont).  Next you have to be BUYING a different house.....they wont work with one that you already own.  Like if you were looking to move, you would get approved, then pick out your house, then they would come in and renovate it to what you need.   UUUUUUUUUGH.  OK......IF I had the ability to buy a different house......WOULDNT I BE ABLE TO GET THAT IN THE LOAN FOOOOOOR THAT HOUSE.  So who the devil can they help with those terms. And of course they didnt have any leads for help for us.  Now if I lived in Chicago or Springfield......THEN there would be TONS of agencies that could and would point me in the right direction and they are more lenient in those areas cause they are not rural (kid you not, this is STRAIGHT from the people at the USDA office).   I am to the point of saying the devil with it and work with what I got and if I kill myself falling in the process so be it.   UUUUUUUUGH.   OK......next stop was the school.  Our school has an open door policy when it comes to lunchtime.  Parents and grandparents can come in and eat with their kids at lunchtime (new program just got started here).  So I had lunch with bubba (missed Joe's lunchtime) but I am thinkin this is gonna be a regular Friday thing for me as it was pretty fun.  Then I talked to the main man in the bus garage about moving or adding a bus stop at my house.  UGH  He said that he would come by again (never knew he had been by the first time) and see what we can do.  He said we will work something out, BUT the way things have been workin out so far I have little faith.  BUT that is ONE thing I WILL fight tooth and nail for.  I dont mind putting myself in harms way, BUT when it comes to my babies we WILL do things MY WAY.
Anyway.....FINALLY made it home and in the house and then did some odds and ends and some swagbucks (they have AWESOME deals on gift cards from now till the end of the year, so I am hittin that hot and heavy thru Christmas).  Got the babies off the bus and they are PUMPED.  Why?????    HELLOOOOOOOO COME ON IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!  And THAT my peeps, was my day.  LOL  Thanks so much for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment