Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Seriously.....I give up today.

Hi Everyone,

Yeah, as you can tell by the title I have had a HORRIABLE day.  Honest to goodness downright awful, shoulda stayed in bed totally.  Got the kids on the bus, then had to get ready for a doctor's appointment.  Fell twice just tryin to get ready.  Then went to get a paper prescription from Josie's dr cause for one of her medicines you hafta have the written version, they cannot call it into the pharmacy.  Well....getting back in my truck i fell again.....UGH.  Ok, then I went to my dr appointment (cause to get my medicine refilled every month i gotta see the doctor which is no problem.....usually.  Anyway, every so many visits i gotta take a blood test.  And today was HORRIBLE   Ok I have REALLY small veins anyway, but it is MUCH worse in cold weather (dont ask me why, but it is).  So I always tell them "ummmm you MIGHT wanna use a butterfly needle (this is a smaller needle and it had plastic like "wings" on the side of the needle to help them get where they need to get to).  I had my FAV nurse today so I didn't think there was gonna be any probs.  Ok, first she tried the arm that we normally use......and it wasn't workin at all.  So we moved to the other arm......that wasn't workin either.  So after about 10 min we went BACK to my other arm.  After about 10 min tryin in that arm she called in the dr.  UGH ok......HE didnt listen to me when i said you HAVE to use a butterfly needle.  He used a regular needle. AND did you know.....there is a nerve that runs down the rightish side of your left arm.  Yeah I didnt know this.  Well the vain he decided he was gonna try for is RIGHT by that nerve.  OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG he didn't just "graze" that nerve.....HE FLAT OUT STABBED THAT NERVE.  Not once, not twice, BUT THREE FLIPPIN TIMES.  Ok, we are not talking "your arm goes to sleep" type of pain.  We are talking EVERYTHING in my arm from my elbow down had SHOOTING pain.  Felt like that part of my arm was being electrocuted with high voltage shooting electricity.  Ok on that last try he didnt move the needle away  he KEPT IT THERE.  And I think I scared the devil outta him, cause on that last one after about 10 seconds i SHOUTED "YOU HAVE TO STOP NOW......RIGHT NOW!!!!!"   UGH this was HOURS ago and my arm STILL doesnt feel right.  UGH so after i scared the fire outta him (he has never seen me act like that, but OMG THAT huuuuuuurt) he decided to try in my hand (the back of my hand).  And THIS time I told him "we ARE going to use a butterfly needle or we are NOT gonna do this".  So after pokin and proddin on my hand they FINALLY got what they needed.  I'm serious.....I have a fairly high tolerance for pain, but I was in uncontrollable tears.  The OMG I am DYING tears.  Ok, so then I went to see Jay on his lunch break (my doctor is in the same town that jay works in.......and he was not happy with the doctor cause I was still in tears).  Then I stopped by my ma's house to check in on them and vent alittle.  THEN I went to the pharmacy.......then I came home.....BUT when I looked at my medicine I discovered it was THE WRONG DOSAGE!!!!   RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR  I normally take 10/325mg....they gave me 5/325mg.  SOOOOOOO I TRY to call the dr's office BUT on Wednesday's they close at noon for the day.....and it was 12:30. So I hafta call them in the morning.  THEN I fell on the way back in from watchin the kids get off the bus.  I'm sorry but this was more than I can take.  I made sure the kids got a snack and settled in for some cartoons.....excused myself the the bathroom.....and bawled like a baby.  I have just totally had it today.  I know that I am whining and that I need to slap myself and just buck up, but i just cant help it this evening.  I need a cry, i need a blanket, and I need a bed with some cuddles from my hubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment