Monday, October 22, 2012

Indian summer is here

Hi everyone,
Hope you are enjoying indian summer that is slated for this week. What is indian summer you ask.....indian summer is the last warm spell in the fall before cool weather sets in for good till spring. This happens after the first hard frost (which has happened here where i am). Highs here are going to be in the upper 70\'s all week till saturday, when the highs will sharply drop down into the high 40\'s and low 50\'s for the forseeable future. And that is it for the regional weather lesson for today.....LOL
Not much is going on here. Tryin to get around the house as best i can to get caught up on house work and trying to find workarounds that will get me by for the moment. And i have OMGOMGOMG CABIN FEVER BAAAAAAAAAD!!!! I really want to go to the mall just to be around people, see what movies are playin, window shop ANYTHING to get out of the house. Now my hubby on the other hand would rather not (which is REALLY weird cause usually I am the homebody and he is the OMG GOTTA GET OUTTA THE HOUSE guy). But I have another reson to look forward to the 6th (other than my seating evaluation). My sister is goin to meet me for lunch after my appointment **shaking with excitement**. Now i know that doesn\'t sound very exciting, but a few things to keep in mind. Here a few years ago her family moved to a town about an hour away from here, and i REALLY dont get to see her very often. And with gas prices the way they are, it is hard for us to see eachother. We talk alot on messenger and such, but i havent seen her in person since last Christmas. I\'m so excited and totally scared at the same time. Scared?? Yes scared. Last time i saw her I could hide my mobility problems alot better than i can now. There is no "hiding" my difficulties now. And remember me saying that i am VERY self concious about it, yeah THAT is the scared part for me. Number one i DONT want to freak her out. Number two i DONT want her thinking of me any different. Not that she would, maybe that part is more in my head, but it is still there. Now she is 2 years older than me, and a very inteligent woman. She is an AWESOME teacher and is OMG nifty with a sewing needle (that girl can make almost anything from a needle and thread and she can decorate a house with the best of them). That being said, even when we were younger I would still try to protect her from things i knew would hurt her. Not sure if she ever realized i do that, but i always have. That being said, I\'m really nervous about our lunch and the upcoming holidays. I know she will be understanding and she wont treat me any different, but i also know that it is not gonna be easy for her either. She has a heart of gold and this is something i really cant protect her from. I cannot "hide" my mobility problems like i use to. The places we have or holidays are not WC friendly, so i will be "hobbeling" and that is not a pretty sight. (And not something i can do for any length of time). I will be able to hide that part on our lunch, but not over the holidays (i hope to be outta my car and in my chair before she gets there LOL). And as far as the holidays i still want to do the things i have always done (like help clear the table, help with dishes, etc). I can still do those things, just in a little bit different way (i do those things sitting down now with some help from Toby). I dont know. I guess i am just worrying and rambeling a bit, but those are the things on my mind right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment