Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Just a loafin

Hi Everyone,

Hope all have had a good day.  Not too bad here.  Was sick most of the morning, but THAT was my own stupid oopsie.  I forgot to eat with the antibiotics that i am taking for a sinus infection.   UUUUUUGH....yeah wont do that again.....LOL.  Enjoying Indian Summer while it lasts.  It was in the mid 70's today, and tomorrow will be in the high 70's before it drops off on Friday.  Speaking of Friday......kids are outta school and I have parent teacher conferences.  My ma usually goes with me to help with any translation problems and to see how the kids are doing in school.  That way i dont miss anything, and it is less frustration for me when she comes with to translate.  I also need to go to the bus garage at the high school to see if they will add a bus stop at my house.  Right now there are 2 stops on 10th street here for our bus.  See to get on the bus the kids go down to the cul-de-sac just across the road and down a bit.  In the evenings since the bus is comming from the other direction, the bus driver comes more toward my house since my kids are smaller and he knows that i cannot make it down there.  BUT in the mornings, i cannot go all the way down to the stop.  I can go with them to the mailbox, but they have to cross 10th by themselves and then walk down the ditch to their stop.  Which is ok, but 2 things......one i am scared to DEATH that one of these days someone will forget something and DART back across 10th street.......and two when snow hits they cannot walk in the ditch, as it becomes impassible, so they will have to walk on 10th street itself.....which is NOT gonna work for me AT ALL.  Sooooooooo   the school is gonna hafta either add a stop at my house, or have the 2 other kids that get on with Toby and Josie walk down here (they are older and take walks on 10th street all the time in the summer.  Which i PRAY they just add another stop here at the house.....cause i REALLY dont want the other 2 to have to walk 10th in the winter either.  They are a couple years older than mine, BUT their parents leave for work about 10 min before the bus gets here......and they are AWESOME girls.  They REALLY watch out for Toby and Josie on the bus and such.  Where i stand in the yard, i can see the bus stop and the next one too.....and i kinda "watch out" for all the kids that are in my view.  10th street isn't like a major highway, BUT it gets very busy on this corner in the mornings.  Peeps going to work, kids picking up their friends for school, etc.  I have fought my hubby on this asking for another bus stop thing, but picking up my powerchair has been put on hold for a bit (due to trying to save up gas money again) so I really cannot argue with him on this anymore.
I went to the doctor yesterday (for sinus infection and medicine refill).  It went ok.  They asked for confirmation as to when my seating appointment is and made me PROMISE to give it to them straight and not try to hide pain or anything.  They also adjusted my pain medicine so that it will last longer.  I still try to hide alot of the pain, even from them.  Not really sure why, that is the way i have always been i guess.  I dont like to make people uncomfortable and really dont like being the center of attention (again i am the "work in the background" type).  I guess I feel that if i show my pain that it brings unwanted attention and makes me look weak. But i agree, this is silly thinking when it comes to talking to your doctor.

Well, Jay (hubby) is outta the shower, and I have supper to work on (we keep a later schedule than most peeps cause Jay works 10hr shifts (but cant complain cause he is off on fridays).  Thanks for listening my friends  **hugs**

No comments:

Post a Comment